We got a new camera for my birthday! It is the Nikon D40 and we love it! I still need to learn how to use it, but Brian's been taking some pretty good pictures so far. We figure this would be a good investment since we'd like to take nice pictures once the little one gets here. I'm thinking about taking a course at the community college this summer in digital photography to help me take better quality pictures and learn about all the features on my camera.
Brian made me a really special dinner for my birthday. It was garlic shrimp scampi on top of rice, asparagus, a salad and a delicious oreo cake. All I wanted was an ice cream cake, but go figure, Clovis does not have one in town! None of the bakeries make ice cream cake and we don't have a baskin robbins or cold stones. How depressing is that? Atleast the cake we got at the commisary was nice and moist.
Yesterday it snowed. I had high hopes that they would call it a snow day and I wouldn't have to work, but no such luck for me. Brian was lucky enough that they gave him half a snow day and he got to leave around lunch. At 5:30 I arrived home to the nicest surprise. Brian had cleaned the whole house for me and had chicken kababs on the bbq already grilling for dinner. Isn't that so sweet? He even did 3 loads of laundry. I'm pretty lucky to have him around. I've been so tired lately that it's been hard to keep up with everything including work, my child development class, and housework. It was a wonderful surprise to arrive home to such a nice atmosphere. He is so thoughtful.
Tuesday is the big day and I'm feeling excited and nervous about our first ultrasound. We aren't doing much this weekend but relaxing, dog sitting for 5 dogs, and Brian is making corned beef/cabbage tonight. We put it in the crockpot early this morning and the aroma from the kitchen is making my mouth water. I hope it tastes as good as it smells.
Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes, cards, gifts, and calls. It was great hearing from so many people. It made my day very special. Thanks Again.

2 comments:
that's so nice that Bri helps you around the house! We're lucky to have our guys! Yours cooks more than mine does though, although he is cooking dinner as I type. Grilling salmon. Yum!
Happy belated birthday!
We LOVE our Nikon, although I'm not sure I even know how to use half of it!
Post a Comment