Or just our back window. Brian had a flight scheduled for Tuesday night, so I was home alone. The neighborhood kid just got a present: A BB Gun. He thought it would be good to practice shooting in our backyard. Around 7pm, I heard a loud noise and went into the backyard to see what happened. Well, I could see our neighbor pointing a bb gun straight into our yard. Poor little Gracie's tail was puffed up because she almost took a bb. The kid saw me looking at him, lowered his weapon and then went inside like nothing happened. Being home alone, I didn't want to go confront him by myself, so I thought about calling the cops. Another neighbor suggested waiting until Brian got home and talking to his parents. So that is what I did. The next morning we noticed that the boy had fired multiple shots, because he got our window. Brian was able to get everything taken care of when he talked to the boy's mom. He had just saved up his money to get a bb gun, but said it wasn't him. He thinks it was his brother. Well, I don't think that kid will be using the gun anytime soon. His mom was pretty upset with him. They are going to pay for the broken window once we get an estimate. I'm glad I didn't end up going to the cops, because that poor woman has her hands full.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
"You'll shoot your eye out, kid"
Or just our back window. Brian had a flight scheduled for Tuesday night, so I was home alone. The neighborhood kid just got a present: A BB Gun. He thought it would be good to practice shooting in our backyard. Around 7pm, I heard a loud noise and went into the backyard to see what happened. Well, I could see our neighbor pointing a bb gun straight into our yard. Poor little Gracie's tail was puffed up because she almost took a bb. The kid saw me looking at him, lowered his weapon and then went inside like nothing happened. Being home alone, I didn't want to go confront him by myself, so I thought about calling the cops. Another neighbor suggested waiting until Brian got home and talking to his parents. So that is what I did. The next morning we noticed that the boy had fired multiple shots, because he got our window. Brian was able to get everything taken care of when he talked to the boy's mom. He had just saved up his money to get a bb gun, but said it wasn't him. He thinks it was his brother. Well, I don't think that kid will be using the gun anytime soon. His mom was pretty upset with him. They are going to pay for the broken window once we get an estimate. I'm glad I didn't end up going to the cops, because that poor woman has her hands full.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I KNEW he was going to get one of your windows. Why'd she ever let them buy a BB gun?? At least they're paying for it!
Post a Comment