Brian had a TDY this week to Hurlburt and I decided to tag along. How could I pass up a practically free trip to the beautiful white sand beaches of FL? I used all my personal leave from work and found myself a plane ticket returning just a day before Brian. The weather was gorgeous at 78 degrees with a light breeze. The hotel that the govt put Brian in was fabulous. The holiday inn upgraded us to full ocean view 2 pools, a hot tub, and lounge chair beach service every day. Brian spent his days in a simulator while I walked the beach, read a few books by the pool, worked on my tan, and gained a few pounds from the delicious food. Brian usually got back to the room by 4:30 so we spent a couple of hours together walking the beach or laying by the pool before our dinner dates. It was hard to watch Brian enjoy all the oysters by himself, but I was happy atleast one of us got to enjoy them. On Friday, I had to return to work to Fun Friday and it was pretty much like a carnival for the little ones. They had horsey rides, tractor rides, a bouncy house, a petting zoo, and much much more. Needless to say, after a week at the beach, all the traveling, and a long day working outside, I am exhausted. Here are some pictures from our trip.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Paradise in Florida
Brian had a TDY this week to Hurlburt and I decided to tag along. How could I pass up a practically free trip to the beautiful white sand beaches of FL? I used all my personal leave from work and found myself a plane ticket returning just a day before Brian. The weather was gorgeous at 78 degrees with a light breeze. The hotel that the govt put Brian in was fabulous. The holiday inn upgraded us to full ocean view 2 pools, a hot tub, and lounge chair beach service every day. Brian spent his days in a simulator while I walked the beach, read a few books by the pool, worked on my tan, and gained a few pounds from the delicious food. Brian usually got back to the room by 4:30 so we spent a couple of hours together walking the beach or laying by the pool before our dinner dates. It was hard to watch Brian enjoy all the oysters by himself, but I was happy atleast one of us got to enjoy them. On Friday, I had to return to work to Fun Friday and it was pretty much like a carnival for the little ones. They had horsey rides, tractor rides, a bouncy house, a petting zoo, and much much more. Needless to say, after a week at the beach, all the traveling, and a long day working outside, I am exhausted. Here are some pictures from our trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love the pictures! Glad you had a good time in FL. Reminds me of all our good times there. We'll have to go back there someday with our blueberries!
Post a Comment